Today's release contains some new features for routing, path parsing and the cli, along with various bug fixes in other places.
Just a reminder, since Aurelia uses semver , libraries that contain new features will have their minor version number bumped.
The pattern-matching capabilities of the Router are handled by the
aurelia-route-recognizer library. A long-time feature request of Aurelia's router is to support optional parameters. With the
1.1.0 release of the recognizer we now have support for this much-requested feature, thanks to the community contributions of Github member
. To use optional parameters, simply append a
? to the parameter name, E.g.
aurelia-path library handles all path manipulation and parsing, including query strings. Up until now, we've only supported query strings with the more modern formatting. Thanks to the work of community member
we now also support traditional query string formats. To use traditional parsing, simply pass
true as the final parameter to any of the query string-related utility methods.
We've had a number of important bug fixes to the CLI. Thanks to all the community members who have been jumping in and helping out with this! We also now support two new features:
- Bundle Revision Numbers - Thanks to the work of Aurelia Core Team member Andrew Stoker we can now generate hash-based revision numbers on any generated bundle.
- Arbitrary Module Loader Configuration - Community member Julien Enselme implemented a way to pass custom module loader-specific config through to the bundling system.
Thanks to these community members and everyone who has been contributing to the Aurelia project! As usual, you can read the full changelog below.
aurelia-route-recognizer 1.1.0 (2016-09-22)
- Support Optional Parameters with :paramName?
aurelia-animator-velocity 1.0.1 (2016-09-22)
- Make enter and leave animations optional
- Enable anim-enter and anim-leave values to work correctly
aurelia-path 1.1.0 (2016-09-22)
- queries: Build and parse queries also in traditional style
aurelia-loader-webpack 1.0.3 (2016-09-22)
- Support bundle revision numbers.
- Support arbitrary module loader configuration.
- Don't add .vscode settings unless the VS Code editor is selected.
- Update NPM dependency to prevent event emitter warnings.
- Use path.root for Karma tests
- Always ensure directory structure exists before creating files
- Erroneous source module inclusing resulting in empty/broken bundled modules